The St. Petersburg College Foundation has announced the recipients of the 2012-2013 Innovation Grants. A selection committee comprised of representatives of the College, the Foundation and the community reviewed each of the grant applications and awarded more than $50,000.
This year's recipients are:
- Jennifer Bawell, Student Cultural Enrichment Program
- Sue Blanchard and Bruce Brodney, Peer-to-Peer Support for Pre-Professional Teachers
- Meg Delgato, It STEMs from Money: Grant Writing 101 for Students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Teresa Gaskill, Improving Students' Understanding of Science through Visual and Quantitative Data Collection
- Timothy Godcharles, Making the Move: Moving Your Face-to-Face Course Online
- Monica Lara, Independent Research in the Marine Sciences to Support Critical Thinking and Student Success
- Shannon McQuaig, Filthy Fomites Fostering Infections? A Microbiology Research Project
- Marilyn Michael, 2013 Summer Vocal Institute
- Nicolle Panuthos, Entrepreneurship @ SPC - Technology and Students on the Go
- Christine Patel, An Interdisciplinary Approach to Health Care Education
- Kathy Siegler and Ray Menard, A Pilot Study to Develop a Biotechnology Workforce Laboratory Course
- Matthew Stewart and Bridgette Willis, Safe Zone: Creating an Inclusive Campus Environment
- Barbara Styers, Reducing Student Stress = Increased Retention
- Sasha Tuck, Pat Hernley, Alejandro Arenas, Austin Vickory, Marie Sorenson, MIRA (Music Industry/Recording Arts) Recruitment Program
- Li-Lee Tunceren, Writing Matters @ SPC
- Annelies Williamson, Veterans Academic Adjunct Advising and Veterans Academic Tutoring
Innovation Grants provide financial resources of up to $3,500 to implement programs that broaden the scope of the curriculum, deepen the college experience and improve student achievement. The program is open to faculty, staff and student groups with faculty advisors, or any team comprised of members of these constituencies.
2011-2012 Innovation Grant Recipients
Congratulations to the 2011-2012 Innovation Grant Recipients!
The SPC Foundation Innovation Grants Initiative is made possible by the SPC Foundation and the generosity of its donors. The Foundation works closely with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) to manage the program.
All St. Petersburg College faculty, administrative departments, student groups with faculty advisors, or teams comprised of members of these constituencies are eligible to apply.
The Innovation Grants Initiative was designed to help advance the mission and goals of St. Petersburg College. Grants provide financial resources to implement projects and programs that deepen the college experience and advance student achievement. Programs may address a number of areas including:
- Enhancing the Student Experience
- Fostering Professional Development
- Advancing Academic Excellence
- Improving Customer Service
- Enriching Student Life
- Augmenting College Recruitment and Marketing
- Increasing student success rates
Innovation Grant awards range from $500 - $3,500