If you are a degree-seeking SPC student who wishes to take one or more classes at another college or university, please follow these instructions:
You must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA at SPC to receive permission to take classes at another institution. The class also must be required for completion of general education requirements or degree requirements for your major.
1. Complete the appropriate transient form:
- Public Florida college or university
If you are planning to take a class at a participating public college/university in Florida submit your transient student request form at Florida Virtual Campus. Please allow three business days for SPC staff to approve your request within Florida Virtual Campus. You will be able to track the progress of your request on Flvc.org and know when it reaches the host institution.
- Private Florida college or university or non-Florida institution
If you are planning to take a class at a Florida private college/university, or a college outside the state, submit an approved transient student form signed by the SPC registrar. Also submit a copy of the course description from the course catalog at the institution where you plan to enroll as a transient student so that the information can be reviewed to determine whether it meets your degree completion requirements at SPC.
2. View Transient Student Financial Aid policies.
3. After you complete the classes at the host institution, please request that an updated transcript from that institution be sent to SPC so that we may post the class to your SPC record. Use the transcript request form to have your transcript sent to SPC.