A nationally-recognized program
The Emergency Administration and Management program at St. Petersburg College was the first such Associate in Science degree in the United States and the first offered completely online. It remains one of the nation's leading programs.
Training you in emergency management
Learn what's in place on the federal, state and local levels to manage disaster preparedness and recovery. Our Emergency Administration and Management AS Degree gives current and future emergency professionals a credential to get ahead in their careers.
Our certificates in Homeland Security and Emergency Administration and Management are part of our A.S. Degree in Emergency Administration and Management. Our A.S. degree transfers to our Public Safety Administration BAS Degree.
Homeland security and emergency management careers
Our programs prepare you for this career:
To become certified as an Emergency Manager through the National Coordinating Council on Emergency Management (NCCEM), you need work experience.
Our Emergency Administration and Management A.S. Degree and Certificate teaches you how to:
- Write emergency plans that meet local, state and federal guidelines
- Communicate as a crisis advisor
- Solve problems facing response teams
- Plan and execute emergency operations
- Effectively use federal, state and local mitigation programs
- Recover from disasters
- Provide emergency management public education