Homeland security training
Professionals trained to respond to terrorist threats and incidents remain in demand. Our Homeland Security Certificate gives you an overview of the federal response to major disasters, how to assess threats to the country and appropriate actions to take.
Stay for your associate and bachelor's degrees
Our Homeland Security Certificate transfers to our A.S. Degree in Criminal Justice Technology or Emergency Administration and Management. The A.S. degree gives you a general education background and transfers to our bachelor's degree in Public Safety Administration.
Homeland security and emergency management careers
Our programs prepare you for jobs as eEmergency management directors, Planners and Specialists or security management specialists. To become certified as an Emergency Manager through the National Coordinating Council on Emergency Management (NCCEM), you need work experience.
Our Homeland Security Certificate teaches you:
- The federal framework used to respond to national incidents
- Problems facing emergency response teams
- How to protect infrastructure
- Aspects of domestic and international terrorism
- Threat assessment and mitigation
- Communications skills as crisis advisors