Get more information about Transient Student Admissions Requirements at SPC.

Incoming transient students

If you are a degree-seeking student at another institution and are planning to enroll at SPC to take classes and wish to receive your financial assistance from the other institution, you must follow the following steps:  

  1. You cannot receive financial aid at both institutions, only your home school for which you are degree-seeking will give you financial aid.
  2. Tuition, fees, and books/supplies must be paid to SPC by SPC's tuition deadline. SPC will not extend due dates for transient students, although our Tuition Payment Plan is an option.
  3. If your home school is a Florida public institution, complete an online Transient Student Admission Application at FloridaShines.
    If your home school is a Florida private institution or out-of-state institution, contact your home school's Financial Aid Office to obtain a Consortium Agreement and submit it to SPC Financial Assistance Services
  4. If your home school is a Florida public institution, SPC will certify your Transient Student Admission Application and electronically send it to your home institution. This is an automated process that occurs at the end of the Last Day to drop with a refund.
    If your home school is a Florida private institution or out-of-state institution, Financial Assistance Services will certify the Consortium Agreement from your home institution at the end of the Last Day to drop with a refund and send it to the home institution.
  5. In order to take courses at SPC, you must receive approval from the Registrar's Office at your home school.
  6. Once you have completed the term, you must submit an official academic transcript from SPC to the Registrar's Office of your home school. 
  7. If you have any questions, please contact us.