SPC Grad Walk is the second event the college will host this term to honor the achievements of our Spring 2021 graduates. A series of grad walks will take place the week of May 10 at different times and SPC locations to offer graduates the opportunity to walk across a stage, have their name called, and have a formal graduation photo taken with college leadership.
Graduates eligible to participate in this event will receive registration instructions via their SPC email.
Registration for SPC Grad Walk opens on Monday, April 5, and closes Friday, May 7.
DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS
Click on the campus name for directions to the SPC campus. Click on the building name for a campus map.
|Clearwater Campus||Arts Auditorium||Monday, May 10||10 a.m. - Noon|
|Clearwater Campus||Arts Auditorium||Monday, May 10||4 -7:30 p.m.|
|Health Education Center||HEC Auditorium||Monday, May 10||4 -7:30 p.m.|
|St Petersburg/Gibbs Campus||Music Center||Tuesday, May 11||10 a.m. - Noon|
|St Petersburg/Gibbs Campus||Music Center||Tuesday, May 11||4 -7:30 p.m.|
|Seminole Campus||Digitorium||Wednesday, May 12||4 -7:30 p.m.|
|Midtown Center||Douglas L. Jamerson Center||Thursday, May 13||4 -7:30 p.m.|
|Tarpon Springs Campus||Lyceum 156||Thursday, May 13||4 -7:30 p.m.|
If you wish to participate in Grad Walk, you must register. When registering, select your preferred location, date and time. You may arrive at any point during your 15-minute time slot. Due to high demand, we may not be able to accommodate late arrivals.
Every graduate may bring up to four guests with them. Once the graduate and their guests have checked in at the registration table, they should remain together. Only services animals are allowed.
No seating will be provided and you and your guests will be outside for a portion of the event. Please keep the transient nature of Florida’s weather in consideration when choosing whom to invite.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Following direction from SPC staff, each graduate and their guests be ushered to the stage. The graduate will hand their name card to the presenter, have their name called and a formal photo taken with SPC leadership as they receive their diploma cover. Guests will be front and center to cheer their graduate and take their own photos and video. Immediately following, both the graduate and their guests will be directed to a second photo station where they may take photos together.
Want to learn more about what to expect at Grad Walk? Watch this video to learn all you need to know to enjoy the moment!
- All graduates and guests should conduct a symptom check prior to arriving.
- Masks must be worn at all times and social distancing practiced.
- Purchase your caps, gown and tassel. These may be purchased at any campus bookstore prior to the day of the event.
- Pick up any cords and stoles for membership in student organizations or honor societies. Contact your organization for specific instructions on obtaining this regalia. These items must be secured in advance.
- Arrange for special accommodations, if needed. Contact SPC's Accessibility Services at 727-341-4510 at least one week prior to the event to request disability accommodations. In all situations, a good faith effort (up until the time of the event) will be made to provide accommodations.
- Formal photos may be purchased through GradImages. Information on purchasing photos will be sent to graduates after the event.
Honor cords will be distributed at check-in. An honors distinction is given to students in a bachelor's or associate degree program with a qualifying cumulative GPA. The GPA that is used to compute honors eligibility is based on the prior term cumulative GPA and can be found on your unofficial transcript in MySPC. Certificate earners are not eligible for honor designation.
|Required Cumulative GPA|
|Single Cord||Double Cord|
|Associate||3.30 - 3.79||3.80 - 4.00|
|Bachelor's||3.50 - 3.79||3.80 - 4.00|
FALL 2020 GRADUATES
We recognize our Fall 2020 graduates did not have the opportunity to walk across the stage. Therefore, all Fall 2020 graduates have been invited to participate in our Spring 2021 SPC Grad Walk. Please check your SPC email for instructions to register for this event.
Any questions or concerns may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.