Dance your way through school
~Martha Graham, dancer, choreographer
The dance program at SPC offers a wide variety of dance technique and performing courses. There are beginning, intermediate and advanced levels. In addition to the regular dance classes, SPC offers many exciting dance workshops.
You can take dance classes as electives for your Associate in Arts degree or to meet common prerequisites for your chosen four-year major.
- DAA 1100 Modern Dance I
- DAA 1500 Jazz Dance I
- DAA 1680 Dance Repertory
- DAA 1810 Stage Movement Technique
- DAA 2101 Modern Dance II
- DAA 2501 Jazz Dance II
- DAA 2681 Dance Repertory II
- DAN 1768 Applied Lessons in Alexander Technique
Careers in Dance
Explore your options
- SPC's Career Services
- My Career Shines - Plan your future with MyCareerShines from the Florida Department of Education
- SPC Career Pathways - A partnership between SPC and the Pinellas County School Board that gives high school students free college credit for high school and technical programs.
By the numbers
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Job profiles covering hundreds of occupations from the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Career One Stop - Tools for job seekers, students, businesses, and career professionals from the U.S. Department of Labor
- What People Are Asking - Florida job and wage data for specific areas from Florida's Labor Market Statistics Center
As an SPC student, you can audition to perform in CoMotion Dance Theatre, the resident dance company at St. Petersburg College, which hosts two annual dance concerts. You can earn college credit by enrolling in the Dance Repertory classes. The concerts are choreographed by SPC faculty and are enhanced by the Guest Choreographer Series which commissions works from several local professional choreographers each year.