Message to SPC Students | March 17, 2020
I want to thank you for your patience and flexibility as we continue to navigate through this extraordinary and rapidly evolving situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). First of all, I want you to know that I care about you and your families and we at the college are working diligently to follow the guidance of health officials regarding safety, and to keep you on track with your classes.
Effective Wednesday, March 18, all face-to-face classes and student affairs operations (with a few exceptions) will be moved online through the end of the Spring Term. All college-related events are also canceled until further notice.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Regularly scheduled online courses: Will continue as scheduled.
- Face-to-Face class will be moving online: You will be contacted directly via email or in MyCourses by your faculty member.
- Labs, clinicals & internships: Will be addressed on an individual basis. Faculty, Deans and/or Chairs will keep you informed.
- Technology needs (computers, broadband or WiFi): Contact the Tech Support Help Desk at 727-341-4357 or email@example.com
- Online course access: Students who are experiencing issues regarding accessing online coursework should contact their faculty.
- Academic resources:Academic Continuity Resources: Student Toolkit and Learning Resources Services for Students: COVID-19 Impact
- Student assistance counseling website: For help with anxiety and other resources
- Communications: We will continue to communicate with you via email, text, social media, messaging in MyCourses and our Emergency Preparedness website, which includes an FAQ with additional information.
- Please opt in to our text messaging system: Instructions are located on our Emergency Preparedness website (scroll down past the latest updates for directions).
I want to encourage you to remain positive, flexible and supportive while we continue to refine our plans and procedures as this situation continues to change rapidly. We will continue to work together like the community of care that we are to conquer these challenges and I have no doubt that we will come out of this stronger than ever.