Explore free academic help for health and pre-health students
The New Initiative Program (NIP) is a federally funded program that provides free academic help to health and pre-health students. Since graduates of these programs work in such critical occupations, our health education programs are quite demanding and require long hours of concentrated study. NIP's rich assortment of services and resources will help you meet these challenges. If you are seeking an A.S. degree, certificate or diploma in a health field, we can support you from the beginning to the completion of your program.
Health students can also use services like textbook and laptop lending and success plans through the Connections Program.
- Professional tutoring
- Resources, strategies and multimedia tools to help you succeed
- Custom solutions based on your needs
At the NIP Center, we offer hour-long individual tutoring sessions to answer any questions you have on class material. We can help you with any courses you are taking as part of your health program.
Schedule an appointment
- Call 727-341-3724
- Stop by the center in Room 199 of HEC
Appointments preferred. Walk-ins welcome and will be seen based on tutor availability.
College survival skills and tips
- Note taking and study skills
- Overcoming test anxiety
- Reducing stress
- Time management
Review sessions in specific content areas are available. NIP staff members are available for individual or small group tutoring sessions.
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
We offer workshops on an ongoing basis. Call our office at 727-341-3724 to confirm dates and times.
- Please see NIP Student Commons in MyCourses for Nursing Workshop Schedule and Resources
Materials offered include:
- An extensive collection of anatomy models (including hundreds of bones)
- Three microscopes with a large slide collection
- Histology laser disk (you can take a practice test using this to get ready for practicals)
- System reviews for nursing and anatomy
- Practice problems for dosage calculations
- Practice questions for the NCLEX tests
- Interactive computer software
If we don't have something, we can probably tell you where to find it.
Manager, New Initiative Program