Pursue a degree in Educational Studies and Community Leadership
The Interdisciplinary Studies subplan in our Bachelor of Science Degree in Educational Studies and Community Leadership has been specifically designed for those who want to deepen their understanding of the learning and teaching process, yet seek careers in non-school settings.
NOTE: While this degree does not lead to a teacher certification, it does prepare you for the following careers.
The Interdisciplinary Studies subplan in our Bachelor of Science Degree in Educational Studies and Community Leadership prepares you to work in:
- Children, Family, and Community Outreach Programs (Adult Ed, GED, Job Skills Training, Literacy Programs, Senior services, etc.)
- Youth Development (YMCA, Boys & Girls Club, After school programs, etc.)
- Non-Profits (Homeless/Transitional programs, Help Lines, At-risk programs)
- Human Resources/Higher Ed (Corporate training, Health Benefits, Records Management, Advising, Career Counseling, Recruiting, Financial Aid, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial (start your own daycare, after school program, youth leadership program, tutoring, etc.)
Features of SPC's Educational Studies and Community Leadership B.S. Degree - Interdisciplinary subplan
- No prerequisites are required
- Classes are offered completely online
- This bachelor's degree can provide the foundation if you want pursue a masters degree
- Classes are organized in an easy-to-understand sequence
Educational Studies and Community Leadership Bachelor of Science
Effective Beginning Catalog Term: Fall 2023 (625)
The requirements shown below are valid beginning Fall 2023 (625), and may not reflect degree requirements for current students. Current students should visit My SPC and view My Learning Plan to see specific degree requirements for their effective term.
This program is offered as a Fully Online program. Our Bachelor of Science in Educational Studies and Community Leadership is an interdisciplinary program. Students seeking jobs in non-school settings benefit from portions of the essential knowledge and skills associated with the field of education. The Educational Studies and Community Leadership major has been specifically designed for students who want to deepen their understanding of the learning and teaching process, yet seek careers in non-school settings.
A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher is required for graduation. Important notice to current Baccalaureate students: To view a list of the classes you need to take before you can graduate, login to MySPC and choose My Learning Plan. Contact your academic advisor with any questions. *NOTE: FLDOE removed State Mandated Prerequisite course EDF 1005, May 2018.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE: If you have not completed two consecutive years of the same foreign language in high school or 8 credits in college, you will need to complete 8 credits of foreign language before completing the B.S. program.
CIVIC LITERACY: As per Florida Rule 6A-10.04213, baccalaureate degree students entering a Florida College System (FCS) or State University System (SUS) institution in the 2021-2022 academic school year and thereafter must demonstrate competency through successful completion of a civic literacy course AND by achieving a passing score on the Florida Civic Literacy Examination (FCLE).
- the recommended order in which to take the program courses
- suggested course when more than one option exists
- which semester each course is typically offered
- if the course has a prerequisite
- courses that may lead to a certificate (if offered in the program)
VIEW THE RECOMMENDED ACADEMIC PATHWAY
If you have already started the program,
VIEW THE ARCHIVED ACADEMIC PATHWAYS
Please verify the Academic Pathway lists your correct starting semester.
Associate Dean, College of Education
Florida CIP Code
1013999901 - Educational Studies - non-certification (BS)
Federal CIP Code
13.9999 - Education, Other.
Continue your education degree at SPC
SPC's Educational Studies Interdisciplinary Studies A.A. Transfer Plan prepares you to earn our Early Childhood Education sub-plan in B.S. in Educational Studies and Community Leadership.