Explore our Advanced Adult Critical Respiratory Care Certificate
If you are a currently licensed and credentialed Registered Respiratory Therapist, this certificate gives you a chance to develop your skills in advanced adult critical care. This program prepares you for the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Adult Critical Care Specialty (ACCS) Exam. This credential could be covered by your employer's tuition reimbursement if you are a working respiratory therapist.
This credential will make you an expert in your area of interest and will make you more marketable to potential employers.
Features of SPC's Advanced Adult Critical Respiratory Care Certificate
At SPC, we offer:
- Classes taught by instructors who are experts in their fields
- Coursework written by respiratory therapists familiar with hospital procedures
- This certificate completely online with no lab requirements
- Tuition half that of a state university
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN in SPC's Advanced Adult Critical Respiratory Care Certificate
- Advanced patient assessment
- Advanced management of ventilation and oxygenation
- Airway management
- Specialty gas administration
- End of life care
Advanced Adult Critical Respiratory Care Certificate Advanced Technical Certificate without Financial Aid Eligibility
Effective Beginning Catalog Term: Fall 2019 (565)
The requirements shown below are valid beginning Fall 2019 (565), and may not reflect degree requirements for current students. Current students should visit My SPC and view My Learning Plan to see specific degree requirements for their effective term.
This program will enable currently licensed and credentialed Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRTs) to assess and develop their skills in advanced adult critical care, including, but not limited to the areas of advanced patient assessment, advanced management of ventilation and oxygenation, airway management, specialty gas administration, pharmacology, and end of life care. This program will also assist the practitioner in preparing for the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Adult Critical Care Specialty (ACCS) Exam
Complete all program courses with a minimum grade of "C".
- the recommended order in which to take the program courses
- suggested course when more than one option exists
- which semester each course is typically offered
- if the course has a prerequisite
- courses that may lead to a certificate (if offered in the program)
VIEW THE RECOMMENDED ACADEMIC PATHWAY
If you have already started the program,
VIEW THE ARCHIVED ACADEMIC PATHWAYS
Please verify the Academic Pathway lists your correct starting semester.
Florida CIP Code
0351090866: Respiratory Care ATC ()
Federal CIP Code
51.0908: Respiratory Care Therapy/Therapist.
In order to take this certificate, you need as AS degree in Respiratory Therapy, a current Registered Respiratory Therapy (RRT) credential, and an active and valid license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.