SPC Accessibility Services provides accommodations that ensure equal access for all students
SPC's Accessibility Services office provides or facilitates SPC students with:
- Academic adjustments such as early registration and exam accommodations
- Aids and services including adaptive technologies, note-takers and interpreters
- Academic accommodations, as needed and under its policies, to a student who has a temporary medical condition related to pregnancy and childbirth.
For more information regarding students' rights related to pregnancy and childbirth, navigate to the Title IX webpage.
REGISTER FOR SERVICES
- If you need help completing the online college application or have questions about applying to or attending SPC, please contact an Accessibility Services coordinator.
- If you need assistance with Sign Language Interpreting or Captioning, complete this request for a Sign Language Interpreter.
- If you use a service animal, please visit our Service Animals FAQ.
- To request Accessibility Services, see a campus Accessibility Services coordinator and bring your documentation. If you do not have documentation, the Accessibility Services coordinator can let you know what you need to qualify for accommodations. Schedule your appointment as early as possible so that accommodations can be made in a timely manner. All information will be kept confidential.
Who is eligible?
As a student at SPC with a documented disability, you may be eligible for reasonable accommodations. If you think you have a disabling condition and would like to meet with one of our Accessibility Services Coordinators to learn more about reasonable accommodation in college, please contact an Accessibility Services Coordinator.
What Services are Available?
Reasonable accommodations are offered based on documented need. Accommodations may include:
- Assistive Technology
- Early Registration
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Captioning Services
- Classroom Furniture Modifications
Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Statement
The Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College affirms its equal opportunity policy in accordance with the provisions of the Florida Educational Equity Act and all other relevant state and federal laws, rules and regulations. The College will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or against any qualified individual with disabilities in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of sex and violates this Rule, the College will not tolerate such conduct. Should you experience such behavior, please contact the Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Office at 727-341-3261; by mail at P.O. Box 13489, St. Petersburg, FL 33733-3489; or by email at email@example.com.