ADMISSIONS TO HEALTH PROGRAMS AT ST. PETERSBURG COLLEGE
Thank you for your interest in our health sciences programs at SPC. We accept applications for most of our lower and upper division programs during specific application windows.
We begin evaluating applications once an application window has closed. We send all admissions communication to your SPC student email account so be sure to check this regularly for information requests and correspondence. If you are not admitted, you must re-apply during the next appropriate application period.
Please check your individual program for full admission requirements and information.
Lower Division Health Programs Admissions
Admissions to our lower division programs are based on selection criteria according to each program. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
The Health Sciences A.S. degree and Health Care Services Certificate accept applications throughout the year and do not require the secondary health admissions application.
Becoming a student in our health programs
In addition to each program's separate admission requirements, you will need to meet the following requirements for most lower division health programs:
- Pass a background check and drug screen
- Provide proof of immunizations
- Fill out a Health Examination Form
- Attend a student services orientation and an orientation for your program.
Upper Division Health Programs Admissions
Admission to our bachelor's degrees in dental hygiene, health services administration, nursing and veterinary technology require an associate degree at a minimum. We accept applications for our health-related bachelor's degrees during specific dates, as noted in the admission guides below. Applications for the Health Services Administration BAS degree are accepted throughout the year.
College of Health Sciences
- Dental Hygiene B.A.S. Admissions
- Health Services Administration B.A.S. Admissions
- Combined Firefighter/EMT
- Dental Hygiene A.S.
- Emergency Medical Technician A.T.D. - Day
- Emergency Medical Technician A.T.D. - Evening
- Funeral Arts Certificate
- Funeral Services A.S.
- Health Information Technology A.S.
- Healthcare Informatics Certificate
- Medical Coder Certificate
- Orthotics and Prosthetics Technology A.S.
- Paramedic Certificate
- Paramedic ATD
- Physical Therapist Assistant A.S.
- Radiography A.S.
- Respiratory Care A.S.
College of Nursing
- Nursing B.S.N. Admissions
- Nursing A.S. Degree
- Transitional Nursing A.S. Degree for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
- Nursing A.S. Degree for Paramedic Admission Criteria
College of Veterinary Technology
- Veterinary Technology B.A.S. Admissions
- Veterinary Practice Management Certificate Admissions
- Veterinary Technology A.S.